Samus Aran. Redesign 2.0!
I took your critiques to heart in the last rendition-- [link]
-- and revamped her design into an entire spec sheet. Zero suit redesign included!
I'll mention some of the more notable features:
- Samus still retains a slimmer, sleeker, and more feminine armor, with design motifs based on the bird-like Chozo (e.g.: helmet)
- High-heels from 1.0 are removed. In its place are heel thrusters used to assist in Samus's space jumps.
- Samus's boot design are based on bird talons, hence the retractable backside and the split toes in front. Boots extend further than Samus's actual feet for these talons, and the talons help with scaling difficult terrain.
- Samus's arm guards and hands also are based on talons. They are retractable and also help with exploration-- as well as for offensive purposes.
-Samus's arm cannon can extend into a sniper rifle with additional base for recoil. Long-range firepower ftw.
- Samus's hair in her Varia Suit is armored! I've yet to decide whether her actual hair is placed inside that or whether that is just a decorative piece of her armor. Functionally-- the "armor hair" is sturdy for offensive purposes (e.g.: screw attack) and also designed to form wing extensions. Since the Chozo race evolved to wingless birds, perhaps they designed armor to help them regain the ability of flight.
Process: Drawn and inked traditionally on 2 8.5"x11" pages, scanned, and colored digitally. Once again, coloring dwarfs actual drawing in time. I tried simplifying the coloring with basic cel-shading due to the sheer size of this picture, but somehow I still took just as long. @__@
Coloring: 8+ hrs
As always, comments and critiques are very much appreciated-- particularly for designs like these. Fullscreen is also appreciated!
Edit: Fixed some coloring mistakes I missed last time. Opted for a horizontal composition since I think it helps the design sheet flow better.
Artwork belongs to me, and please do not use without my permission.
Samus Aran belongs to Nintendo.